Ingredients (serves 2)
- 8 scoops (about 400g) vanilla ice-cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) basic chocolate sauce, at room temperature (see related recipe)
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- Place the ice-cream, chocolate sauce and milk in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour into serving glasses and serve immediately.
- Tip: You can heat an extra 2-3 tbs of the chocolate sauce and swirl it around the serving glass before pouring in the thickshake.
How To Make Chocolate Sauce
An easy recipe for chocolate sauce for desserts or ice cream.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation:In a small saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate chips and whipping cream, stirring constantly. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
Serve over dessert or ice cream.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups.